Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Video Process with Laura!

Hi there!

It’s Laura here sharing a new layout and process video for today!  I am having so much fun with the January main kit!!

For today's page, I opted to pull the warm wood tones, black and white and russet coloured elements from the kit.  As my page progresses, however, I also pulled in some yellow tones.


You know how much I love wood-grain backgrounds so using this gorgeous paper was a no brainer! I also added some stitching to my background using a metallic Spring green thread, in the shape of a heart to frame my focal area. I used a pencil to draw a heart outline and then stitched over the pencil lines with my sewing machine.


 I kept my title simple, the kit had so many great pieces that could make for easy title work.


I clustered up some pretty floral ephemera and chipboard pieces, plus I added a couple of stickers like the heart and stack of books.  These pieces seemed so perfect for this photo, snapped at my son and daughter in law's wedding.


I also added a small embellishments cluster at the bottom of my page, adding a simple "w" Thicker as a pop of black to balance the black in my photo.  I also added a sprinkling of the Jillibean Soup wood veneer pieces that came in the kit.

My final step was a splattering of a Spring green Heidi Swapp colour shine from my stash.

As mentioned, I have a process video for this layout, you should watch it!  Here or on my You-Tube channel, which ever you prefer!


Supply List:  Carta Bella "Welcome Home" patterned paper (stay a while, flower market), die cut cardstock pieces, element stickers, chipboard accents; American Crafts Thickers; Jillibean Soup wood veneer flowers. Other Supplies: Heidi Swapp citron color shine.; misc. metallic green thread. 

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: